Sunday 3 February 2008

Why Hasn't It Happened?

"To live is the rarest thing in the world.
Most people exist, that is all.
"
-Oscar Wilde

I received an email from a reader who asked me if the law of attraction really works. She had been depressed for a while and often imagines herself dying of a terminal disease. If law of attraction is a real thing, why is she still alive?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. As far as law of attraction is concerned, I can only speak of it in terms my personal experience. Does it work for me? It certainly has.

I knew that if I wanted to change my life, something has to change. I have to learn new things, move out of my comfort zone, and find the courage to do what I've never done before.

After watching the movie "The Secret" and reflecting on my life, everything that happened (and didn't happen) suddenly made sense. I suddenly understood the reason for my successes and failures. I understood why I underachieved when I could have done better.

I wrote in a previous post that thinking and wishing is not enough to change your life. The first step is deciding what you want. The next step is taking small, baby steps each day that will get you closer to your goal. Wishful thinking alone is not going to get you there. Many people want to be a millionaire but only a handful of them do. Why? Those who become millionaires did what need to be done to achieve their goals while the majority simply dream of becoming millionaires.

Life is short. We can choose to do something significant with our life or we can choose to waste it. The choice is yours. If you think you life is bad, start counting your blessings.

Last December, I wrote about my visit to a children center that was founded to help underprivileged children. After seeing the children there and what they had to go through, whatever problems I thought I had seems so trivial.

We can go through life blaming others for our hardship and misfortunes. We can play the victim role. Or we can choose to take charge of our life and turn it around.

What do you want to do?

"You don't get to choose how you're going
to die. Or when. You can only decide
how you're going to live. Now.
"
-Joan Bacz