Tuesday 4 December 2007

Ooops... It Happened Again!

When I was about 14, a classmate had to quit school because his parents were poor and could no longer afford to send him to school. At the time, I said to myself that when I grow up, I want to make sure every child will be able to go to school.

I grew up and do what most normal people do. Got busy with my own life. But for some reason that dream didn't die. From time to time, I'm reminded of that promise I made to myself. I just didn't know how to do it.

Do you want to know why I want to be rich and have loads of money? It's not about the money itself. Not about fancy cars, or big houses, or branded shoes. Money is just a means to an end. Money would allow me to do the things that I've always dreamed of doing. I want to make a difference. I want to help people have a better life.

One of my goals is to set up a foundation to help underprivileged children. I shared this dream with a few people. Last week something amazing happened.

A friend of mine (who knew nothing of my dream of helping underprivileged children) was helping her friend collect toys to be donated to a children activity center. She asked if I would like to come along, and so I did. When I was there, I realized that a door has been opened to allow me realize my dream of helping underprivileged children.

I didn't go looking for this opportunity. It came to me! Once again, magic happened. The power of intention.

When I looked back at the events that unfolded in the past few months, I could not help but feel grateful and humbled. Each time a door opened, it brought into my life amazing people who are passionate about making a difference in this world. I feel blessed.

You can read more about the children activity center at http://chowkids.org.