Saturday 7 February 2009

Do You Know What You Want?

I'm serious. Do you know what you want?

Energy flows where attention goes and results show.

What do you focus your attention on? What you want, or what you don't want?

One of the laws of the mind is that the mind cannot process a negative. If you focus on "I don't want all these debts", you're focusing your attention on debt. It doesn't matter that you don't want it. The mind doesn't process negatives. What you resist persists. Since your focus in on debt, you get more debt. If you find this confusing, go listen to the teleseminar recording of "Awaken Your Mind Power". It explains the 3 fundamental laws of the mind.

To get what you want, focus on what you want. Push what you don't want out of your mind. Instead of thinking, "I don't want anymore debt", think "I'm grateful I make more than enough money to meet my needs".

What you want wants you. The first time heard that statement, I thought, "Yeah, right. If it wants me, where is it? Why isn't it here?"

In retrospect, I find that if I wanted something badly enough, eventually an opportunity is presented to me. I dare say 70% of what I want, I've achieved. I'm still working on the other 30%.

The other thing I noticed is that things happened when I'm ready for it. If what I want isn't appearing, it's because there is something I need to learn, something that needs to happen to help me grow so that I'd be ready to receive it.

So don't worry or give up if what you want is not happening. The setbacks and so called "failures" are a way of preparing you for it. Never ever give up.

In Chapter 4 of "The 11 Forgotten Laws", Bob Proctor and Mary Morrissey talk about how to attract what we want. Here's an important principle:

"The principle involved is that you cannot long or yearn for anything unless it already exists, if not in form, then in substance, and desire is the motive power for calling it forth into visible appearance or physical effect."

Isn't that powerful? Whatever it is we want is already there. We just need to figure out how to manifest it in our life.

Another important thing to remember when deciding what you want is to not concern yourself with how it's going to happen. Once you focus your attention and energy on what you want, the way to achieve it will be shown to you. Maybe you'll be introduced to someone, or maybe you'll be presented with an opportunity. How it's going to happen is not your concern. The path will appear in due time.